Open Out Box Pouch - comfort stitching
Paper pattern by Aneela Hoey of Comfort Stitching in the UK. When completed, this pouch opens out into a useful box shape to keep contents close at hand and easy to reach. It zips up securely for travel or storage. It has a modern and angular style that is great to use for sewing, knitting, kids toys, travel and more!.
Pattern is packed with illustrations and step by step instructions.
8 page booklet.
Folded pattern insert with both sizes printed at full size.
2 size options for pouch.
Fat Quarter / Fat Eighth friendly pattern.
Skill level - intermediate.
Supplies: large pouch (small pouch)
- 1 fat quarter (1 fat eighth) of quilting cotton for the exterior
- 1 fat quarter (1 fat eighth) of quilting cotton for the lining
- 1 piece 10" x 10" of quilting cotton for the gusset
- 1/2 yard (1/4 yard) of 20" wide woven fusible interfacing (like Pellon SF101)
- 1/4 yard of 45" wide fusible fleece - if making large pouch
- 14" (10") open ended or separating zipper
- 3" x 3" piece of quilting cotton or 1" x 2" piece of leather for the tab
- binding clips
- zipper foot
- Marking pencil such as Clover water soluble pencil
Finished size: (when open)
small pouch 8"(W) x 4"(H) x 4"(D)
large pouch 9"(W) x 5"(H) x 5"(D)