Burro Family Pattern - Incipient Madness
These adorable burros have clothes pin legs, just like a Baa! Get the whole family with this pattern, Juanita, Fernando and Gazer looking up at the sky.
When Amy has make these, she generally recycles vintage wool suits or blankets. They can also be made with buckskin or ultrasuede. Their manes are made of wool locks that are loosely felted into place.
- 1/2 yard woven wool will make one burro and two babies
- 4 regular size wooden doll pegs ( or clothes pins) for big burro
- 8 mini clothes pins for 2 baby burros
- 2 x 10 mm hematite beads for eyes for burro (Juanita)
- 4 x 6mm hematite beads for eyes for two baby burros
- 1 oz. washed sheared locks or wool roving for mane and tail
- Nymo beading thread for attaching eyes
- Poly-fil or wool roving for stuffing
- Stuffing tool or chop sticks (One included with Poly-fil)
- Felting needle
Regular sewing supplies:
- Turning Tubes or forceps help with turning
- Optional - cream and black acrylic paint for hooves and nose embellishment
Need legs? Get some legs here!