South Wind Wyrm Pattern - Incipient Madness
DIGITAL PATTERN NOW AVAILABLE!
South Wind Wyrm Sewing Pattern
This pattern makes a 18 inch long flying or standing dragon with shimmery angelina film wings. It includes detailed instructions and diagrams for sewing and embellishing a South Wind Wyrm. The pattern also includes instructions for sewn organza wings.
Choose a digital download or a printed paper pattern.
Completed dragons and in-progress dragon pictures are for reference only.
Supplies listed are for one dragon:
- 1/2 yard batik or other tightly woven fabric for body
- Contrast woven fabric for belly and face mask - 9” x 16” (or a fat quarter)
- Armature wire for body - 18 gauge - 64”
- Armature wire for lower jaw - optional - 18 gauge - 8”
- Armature wire for legs - 18 gauge - 120”
- Armature wire for wings - 20 gauge florist stem wire (1 package)
- Angelina Film for wings- 4” wide by 5 feet (Organza wing pattern and instructions included to replace Angelina Film wings if desired)
- 2 Pipe cleaners for ear and tongue armatures
- Poly-fil stuffing
- Turning tubes and/or hemostats ( must be small tipped hemostats)
- Stuffing Sticks (Amy uses bamboo skewers and chopsticks, hemostats are helpful for stuffing)
- 5" long dollmaking needle
- 2 x 12 mm hematite beads or other beads for eyes
- 2 x Czech glass claw beads for teeth
- 14 x Czech glass claw beads for claws
- Shells or shell spikes for horns (optional)
- E-6000 or Goop glue (for glueing horns and teeth)
- Basic sewing supplies
We Also Recommend
Rock Candy Table Runner Pattern - Jaybird Quilts
Candy Dish Pillow Pattern - Jaybird Quilts