The new improved Baa pattern includes patterns for the adult sheep, a baby baa, and a flying baby baa!
This finished Baa! is 7” tall by 8” long. The babies are about 4" tall by 5" long. The Baa is sewn from woven wool and needlefelted locks. This pattern calls for wooden clothespins for legs and hematite beads for eyes. The little wings are sewn from quilting cotton or cotton batik fabric. If you want the flying baby to fly a little fishing line does the trick!
The Baa! pattern works really well with recycled wool garments like that old sweater or suit jacket or pants you loved but don't wear anymore.
Supplies for a single Baa!:
- 1/4 yard woven wool fabric
- 4 wooden doll pegs (regular size for Baa, small size for Baby Baa)
- 2 eye beads - 10 mm (Baa) 6mm (Baby Baa)
- Washed sheared locks or wool roving for fleece (1 to 2 ounces)
- Charm and jump ring for ear tag (needle nose pliers for attaching jump ring)
- Stuffing (Poly-fil or wool)
- Stuffing tools (Chopstick or Hemostats)
- Turning tubes (Can be helpful) or Hemostats
- Regular sewing supplies
Need legs? Wooden Clothes Pin Legs!