Sandhill Sling Pattern - Noodlehead
NOW IN STOCK!
Sew this sling style bag to carry your daily necessities or to take for travel. It’s convenient sling design allows for easy access as well as being out of the way when you’re not using it. It is compact yet roomy enough for the essentials. Choose from a front zippered pocket (View A) or a patch pocket (View B), both come in handy for quick access to smaller items. An adjustable strap makes it easy to wear. Perfect for biking or daily use!
This is a PAPER pattern version includes: instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations, pattern sheet for Shoulder Connector and corner template, and rotary cutting instructions/measurements for all other pattern pieces (just cut and sew, no need to cut out pattern pieces), all tucked into a resealable poly bag.
- two sizes to sew! "Project" size is the smaller of the two, "Tote" size is the larger.
- front slip & zip pockets (great for featuring a favorite fabric and oh so useful!)
- drawstring top closure to keep everything secure
- interior pocket
- simplified option for an even quicker sew!
- so many possibilities!
Advanced beginner to intermediate (depending on what features you choose to include)
Approx. Finished Dimensions:
7” wide by 3” deep, 11” tall [17.8 cm x 7.6 cm x 28 cm]
- 5/8 yard Exterior Fabric
- 5/8 yard Lining Fabric (includes interior pocket)
- 1 ¼ yards (1 ½ if making fabric strap) Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101-20”/51 cm-wide)
- (1) 18”/40.6 cm head-to-head handbag zipper*^ for top closure
- (1) 10”/25.4 cm handbag zipper*^ for front pocket closure (View A) OR 14mm magnetic snap/size 24 metal spring snap (View B)
- 1”-wide d-ring AND 1 ½”-wide strap slider AND 1 ½”-wide swivel snap [25mm d-ring, 38mm strap slider and swivel snaps
- 1.5 yards of 1 ½”-wide cotton webbing OR ADD ¼ yard to Exterior fabric requirement (1 yd total) for making a fabric strap
* you can substitute by-the-yard zipper tape, you’ll need 1 yard total and three pulls
^ pattern assumes zipper tape width of 1 ¼”, zippers are intentionally longer to allow for ease of construction
Canvas (8-10 oz. weight) for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton or lightweight canvas for lining.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, (optional) glue or glue pen or 1/4"-wide fusible web tape, (optional for interior pocket) ¼ yard of ¼”-wide elastic, setting tool if using spring snap