Wizard, Forest God and Victorian Santa - Supply List
- Wool Locks for Hair and beard- 1 oz
- Fat 1/8 muslin for head and hands (81/2” x 11”)
- Fat 1/4 yd batik fabric for body and sleeves (17” x 22”)
- Fat 1/4 yd fabric for over tunic (17” x 22”) organza, silk chiffon, tulle, scrim or rayon areall good choices.
- Matching Thread for machine sewing
- Poly-fil Stuffing
- Beads and charms for decoration
- 2 x 15mm Buttons for arm joints
- Black micron pigma pen (fine)
- Colored pencils - eye color and a pink or blush for lips and cheeks
- Fine line mechanical pencil
- White gel pen (jellyroll)
- Regular sewing supplies - sewing machine, scissors, needles, pins.
- 3” or 5” doll making needles
- #7 long darning needle or other needle for hand sewing
- needle felting needle (for hair and beard)
- Stuffing tools -bamboo skewers,chopsticks or hemostats
- 2 - 3” Piece of Bamboo skewer or 1/8th” dowel for neck support
- Turning tubes
- One knee high stocking for the doll weight
- 1 cup of sand for doll weight -- A small bag of aquarium sand can be purchased at pet shops.
Any of the dolls may have a walking stick or wand -Driftwood sticks work well for this or purchase a dowel and paint with acrylic paints
The Wizard - Hat and cape - fat 1/4 of thin wool for the cape and hat
The Victorian Santa - Long vest -- Fat 1/8th of brocade or velvet fabric. Fur for Vest Trim and hat -- I used fur scraps -you need approximately 12” x 6” cut into 2”wide strips.
The Forest God - Armature wire for antlers - 18-20 gauge soft wire and Fimo clay to cover armature.
If you want to make a top hat, get the free add-on pattern here! (digital download only)